Monday, June 20, 2011

The Infamous Day

June 8th, 2011 will not go down as my best 24 hours. I was told at work that I would no longer have a job as soon as a replacement was found who was willing to stay longer than I wanted to, I found a relationship with a good friend going sour seemingly beyond my control, and then, driving 12 mph on the beltway as it had transformed into its preferred 5pm parking lot status, taking one hand off the wheel, apparently subconsciously under the impression I could handle 12 mph on a jam-packed highway even if 100% of my attention was not on the road, I was pulled over.

After refuting the police officer's claim that I had a mug in one hand and something else in the other by illustrating there wasn't a single beverage container in my entire vehicle ("Who is driving this car?! There is no one in control of this vehicle!"), I was given a $140 moving violation for negligent driving in a careless and imprudent manner endangering property, life and person. Subsequently walking into my Econ. class half an hour late, brooding over then and later that night about the unjustness of our "justice" system and the self-serving and selfish attitude of my favorite policeman, I thought it had been overall one of the worst days EVER!

The next morning, I found out Brynn Barton, another Murray High Spartan had been killed in a bike accident, a hit and run. All the sudden I realized how childish I had been the day before. Boy was I lucky I had another day in front of me, I had my family, my friends and some more time to learn, grow and experience LIFE! I join with many others who are praying for her family's comfort and that the person who hit her will face the consequences of their actions. Here's to putting the daily dog poop in our lives behind us and remembering how many blessings we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment