Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hangin' with the fam!


Grandpa and Grandma invited us to go out with them last night! I was so excited to hear G-pa was healthy enough to be hitting the town again-after a tough battle with a broken back and pneumonia (at the same time)-it didn't matter in the slightest where we were going. It could have been the National Dog Show or a rousing round of curling for all I cared.


Not what we saw, sadly...


Good news for me, not only did I get to spend precious time with the family, but we got to see The President's Own Marine Corps Band (think John Philip Sousa) perform everything from The Star Spangled Banner to Aaron Copland and the world premiere of the guest conductor's, Gerard Schwarz, piece: Above and Beyond. Strathmore always rocks, the music was incredible, and I could have watched Grandpa in awe over the percussion section all night. And it didn't really bother me that the average age of concert attendee was 45 years older than me. I just thoroughly enjoyed Grandpa's subsequent inability to shut up on the way home about how cool the drums were.


No comments:

Post a Comment