Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oh Yeah, THAT'S Why I Live Here!

This past weekend was awesome! 

Friday Night: ice skating at the National Gallery of Art with, you know, 30 friends in the most beautiful (it's mid-April right?) weather ever!

Saturday: ridiculously good weather continues to the point that I question my sanity wearing a jacket the first week in January. Lunch at fabulous burger place, going back, but not soon enough.

Trip to the Hirshhorn to see Andy Warhol's exhibit. And...the museum guard totally let us in on the secret for the dark room/red light exhibit!




Stopped by the National Gallery of Art (inside this time) to find my favorite works of art (more on them later!). Saw a little da Vinci and lots more.

Finally, had a great time on the National Harbor at Gaylord National's Ice Exhibit, an interactive indoor wonderland created entirely of ice! It takes dozens of Chinese artisans almost a month to create each winter and is housed in a large tent kept at 9 degrees Fahrenheit! We got to wear giant blue parkas and go down an ice slide. 





Basically, fabulous.


Also contemplated how I would feel about my future children playing on half a giant man protruding out of sand. 





Funny, I think I'd rather a slide and swings. Crazy, I know. Bring on some more good times DC, bring 'em on!

No comments:

Post a Comment